We know that you love your coffee more than you love anything else. But if you want a personalized coffee K-cup brewer, the Keurig K15 is an outstanding choice.
We know a lot about Keurig single-serve coffee brewers, but we want to know more about the Keurig K15, also known as the Keurig Mini K15. The K15 Keurig is a small and compact Keurig single-serve coffee maker that uses K-cup pods in different sizes and from various K-cup manufacturers.
The Keurig K15 coffee machine got lots of salient features despite its being compact. But do you know that there are over 50 different models of Keurig coffee machines?
Yes, you heard it right! The Keurig line of coffee makers, as of this date, has 59 different models, several of which are the same but come with different accessories.
The Keurig K15, along with the K10, is classic models. But don’t be surprised if we tell you that the Keurig Mini K15 is one of the top-selling single-serve coffee makers on Amazon today.
Won’t believe us? We will re-introduce you to the Keurig single-serve mini via this in-depth review so that you will know the coffee brewer’s ups and downs.
Ergonomic Features of Keurig K15
The Keurig K15 can brew K-cup varieties from all of the pods’ makers. That means that you don’t need to have another set of coffee machine just to brew different kinds of K-cup pods.
The Keurig K15 Classic can make not only coffee but also K-cup teas and cocoa with the same quality as more expensive Keurig coffee makers do. This Keurig model is a best-selling budget coffee machine that is way lower than other Keurig models on its class.
Here are the other qualities of Keurig K15:
- Removable drip tray: Unlike other coffee makers with a shallow drip tray, the K15 has a deep drip tray so you don’t need to empty the drippings more frequently. It is also removable and easy to clean.
- Options for multiple cup sizes: The K15 can offer you 6-oz., 8-oz, and 10-oz cup sizes.
- Can be used for ground coffee: We find this feature very convenient and economical. You see, you can brew ground coffee on Keurig K15, provided that you use reusable K-cup pods.
- No water tank: This may sound strange, but the K15 don’t have a water tank. Unlike other coffee brewers which have a tank that stored water for several cups, the K15 Classic has only a one-cup reservoir where you will add water each time.
This might be an advantage for travelers as the machine would be lighter and more travel-friendly. But it can also be ideal for home use, only that you need to add water every time you brew.
- Energy saver: The K15 has an automatic shut-off feature that turns off the machine after each brew. It also turns off automatically if no brewing is made within 90 seconds.
- Hot water option: With the Keurig K15, you can transform an espresso into a delectable Americano by just using the hot water option.
- Available in 10 colors: It’s rare for Keurig coffee machine to offer diverse colors that could match the ambiance of your kitchen. Some of the colors on offer is Black, Black Plum, Chili Red, Greenery, Oasis, and Platinum, among others.
- Useful indicator lights: This is a basic feature in almost all Keurig models. The indicator lights will guide you through every step of coffee brewing.
- So easy to use: Unlike super-automatic Keurig coffee machines, the Keurig K15’s simple steps in making your favorite brew is as easy as tying your shoelaces. You can begin by filling the minute tank with water, pop the lid and insert a K-cup pod or your favorite ground coffee, then just push the button to start the brew, in less than 2 minutes you are ready to go!
Admire the compact size of Keurig K15
Coffee connoisseurs do believe that size really doesn’t matter. The unique design of the K15 makes this awesome coffee machine the leader in its field.
Mini Keurig has a length (height) of 11.1 inches (12.8 inches high when open), 7.5 inches wide and 10.5 inches deep. It only weighs 6.6lbs which makes it more portable and be moved in any place in the house with ease.
The minute size of K15 is also ideal when you travel as it fits well in the trunk of your car. And it’s not dangerous to leave it on the back of the car as there are no fragile parts, just don’t put a cup.
A Classic Space Saver
Being compact and small brings more convenience to its users. One of the traits of Keurig K15 that stun most coffee lovers across the globe is its space-saving ability.
The small footprint of K15 is just perfect for a small kitchen or to take on-the-go!
An efficient single-serve coffee maker
The capacity of the Keurig K15 at only 1 cup at a time might be intimidating to some. But with its cheaper price, coffee lovers can afford to buy a higher capacity coffee maker for large gatherings.
The K15 is designed for personal use but can be utilized by a small group although each drinker will wait every 2 minutes to have his/her turn. Even if you can just brew one cup at a time, the resulting brew is just wonderful!
More useful drawer
The K15 has a little drawer where you can put the coffee pods out of plain sight but are easily accessible whenever the urge comes hastily. The drawer can also be used as the machine’s stand.
More Pros & Cons of Keurig Hot K15
- Can use coffee grounds by using reusable K-cups.
- Compatible with My K-cup reusable coffee filters.
- The compact size makes the K15 a space saver in your kitchen.
- The drip tray when removed can fit a 5.2 inches travel mug.
- Comes with Keurig K15 instruction manual.
- Easiest to clean due to the absence of a bulky water tank.
- One of the cheapest Keurigs.
- Parts are dishwasher safe.
- Adding water every brew time might be inconvenient to some.
- The brewing time of less than 2 minutes is longer than other Keurig brewers such as Keurig K55 or Keurig K575.
- Can’t adjust the strength of the brew.
- The machine emits a loud noise during brewing.
- With an extended warranty but with a certain fee.
The Keurig K15 is designed to be light, small, and portable allowing you to have your best-loved coffee at the tip of your fingertips wherever you are. Even though it brews for more than a minute, the time allows for a perfect cup of full-bodied coffee.
The absence of a larger water tank, like other expensive Keurig models, is both an advantage and disadvantage for the machine users. You just have to look further on how the K15 will work for you.
This compact Keurig review may settle once and for all the ‘myths’ about this wonderful coffee machine that while it is small, it delivers the big taste in coffee and other beverages.