Now… stay with us here. Because we're about to let you in to the worst kept secret for a delicious, hearty breakfast… that's healthy. WAIT, NO. Don't go. Please, stick with us.
But not how you know them.
2 very ripe bananas (so you don't feel guilty for forgetting they were in your fruit bowl…)
1/2 cup of rolled oats
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
Coconut oil for cooking
- Mash up your bananas, then whack all your ingredients into a blender, nutribullet… whatever you have handy. You can do this step by hand, but use your arm power! You want a nice smooth mix
- Melt a little coconut oil over a medium heat pan
- Pour in some of your mixture, keeping it on the American-style pancake size rather than a crepe
- Toss when the bubbles form on the top of the mixture
- Fry until golden brown, keeping each pancake warm in the oven until you're ready to serve
- Drizzle over some chocolate sauce, we love the Choc Shot Chocolate Orange Freedom Shot, and add a few dark chocolate drops for good measure...
- Serve with either a velvety cappuccino or if the guilt is too much, a delicate black filter, our personal favourite Nano Challa from Colonna is unbeatable right now
Go on, give it a go! If you make these, tag us in your pictures at @swcoffeefest