Nothing says a lazy Sunday morning like breakfast in bed. Especially when that breakfast consists of sweet, maple syrup-drenched French toast with a side of rich, fresh coffee. Luckily for you, this is much easier to make than it sounds.
6 chocolate chip brioche fingers (you can make these yourself… but come on, it's Sunday!)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla paste / contents of 1 vanilla pod
1 cup of almond milk
2 teaspoons of neutral oil for frying (We love Coconut oil for this!)
Maple syrup/chocolate sauce (for drizzling)
- Beat together your eggs, cinnamon, milk and vanilla paste until combined
- Slice your brioche fingers in half, lengthways and dip into your egg mixture
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat and add your oil
- Once you can feel the heat of the hob through the pan, add your brioche fingers
- Fry until golden brown on both sides
- Drizzle maple syrup or chocolate sauce over (liberally… if you're us)
Surprise a loved one with this and gain brownie points in this process!